Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Tampa
Mark Stallworth is a founding Partner of Smith & Stallworth, Attorneys at Law, where he practices litigation of both civil and criminal matters. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature from the University Michigan, where he was the recipient of the Ronald E. McNair National Scholarship and the National Science Foundation Research Award in Political Science.
Attorney Stallworth received his Juris Doctorate from Stetson University College of Law. While in law school, Mr. Stallworth was a member of Stetson's nationally recognized Mock Trial Board, where he and his team won the American Bar Association National Trial Competition.
Previous Work Experience
Prior to founding Smith & Stallworth, Attorneys at Law, Attorney Stallworth practiced personal injury, medical malpractice, products liability, and nursing home litigation at a major, nationally recognized, law firm based in Tampa, Florida. Formerly Attorney Stallworth also practiced Plaintiff's Subrogation Litigation at another major nationally recognized law firm based in Tampa as well.
Before entering civil practice, Mr. Stallworth was an Assistant State Attorney for the Office of the State Attorney in Hillsborough County, Florida, and also has experience with the Office of the State Attorney, in Sarasota County, Florida.
Associations & Memberships
Mr. Stallworth is a member of the Florida Bar and has been admitted to practice in the Federal Court for the Middle Districts of Florida, as well as The Supreme Court of the United States of America. He is a member of the American Bar Association, The American Association for Justice - American Association for Justice, Hillsborough County Bar Association, and the National Association of Subrogation Professionals. Along with having extensive Jury Trial experience, Attorney Stallworth has also been certified as a Mediator by the Florida Supreme Court and has mediation and deposition experience throughout the State of Florida.
Past Employment Positions:
- Office of The State Attorney Hillsborough & Sarasota Counties - Former Prosecutor
- Major Nationally Recognized Civil Firms -Plaintiff's Injury Litigation - Tampa, FL
- Major Nationally Recognized Civil Firms -Plaintiff's Subrogation - Harbour Island, FL
Areas of Practice:
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator (formerly)
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida (formerly)
- United States Supreme Court
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida: Juris Doctor Concentration: Trial Advocacy
- Mock Trial Board Member - Trial Team
- Phi Alpha Delta Opening Statement Trial Competition - Finalist
- Phi Alpha Delta Closing Argument Competition - Semifinalist
- American Bar Association National Trial Competition -Champion
- A.B.A. National Trial Competition - Regional Champion
- A.B.A. Young Lawyers Division Trial Competition - Finalist
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan: Bachelor of Arts
Ronald E. McNair National Scholar
Graduate Fellowship-Council Legal Education- Univ. of Missouri
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)], formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- FJA Florida Justice Association, Member
- State Bar of Florida Bar, Member
- U.S. Middle District of Florida Bar, Member
- Supreme Court of the United State of America Bar, Member
Awards and Accolades
- Alpha Phi Alpha
- Phi Alpha Delta