How do I know if a loved one is abused or neglected?
There are various signs that you must be alert to if you have a loved one in a nursing home.
These are the most common indicators of elder abuse or neglect:
- Bruises and marks on the body
- Sudden changes in behavior
- Staff will not allow you to spend time alone with your relative
- Overmedication (grogginess, inability to communicate)
- Dry, papery or flaky skin (dehydration)
- Lack of cleanliness (odor)
- Unusual withdrawals or expenditures (financial abuse)
- Flinching from physical contact
If you suspect that your loved one is the victim of elder abuse, we urge you to contact our Tampa nursing home abuse attorney immediately. We have 30+ years of combined experience and have what it takes to build a strong case for you. Your loved one is at risk of serious injury or death, and legal action should be taken immediately.
Pay Nothing Unless We Recover Compensation Our firm works on a contingency fee basis. What this means is that we give you the opportunity to work with an aggressive and experienced attorney without paying any upfront fees for your case. In fact, you won't pay anything unless we successfully recover a settlement or judgment on your behalf. Our personal injury lawyers in Tampa, FL believe strongly that you have suffered enough. If you come to work with us, we won't treat you as just another case, but will instead work tirelessly to ensure that we are offering you personalized solutions that are best suited for your individual situation. You won't be treated as if you are being run through a legal machine, but instead will be given the attention that you deserve as a unique client.
A Track Record of SuccessWhy Smith & Stallworth?
- We've Handled Hundreds of Personal Injury Cases
- We'll Meet You at the Scene of Your Accident
- Aggressive Trial & Negotiation Skills
- One of the Premier Law Firms in Tampa & Ft. Lauderdale
- We Treat Each & Every Case With Attention & Respect
- Over Three Decades of Combined Legal Experience
When You Need Justice & CompensationCall Our Firm at (877) 888-5879
Ready to get Started?