We are distinguished former prosecutors and skilled litigators, with skills and experience we can use to fight for you. If you or loved one has been injured in car accidents in Tampa, Florida, Smith & Stallworth, Attorneys at Law can help you. We are here to fight for justice for recovering victims or grieving family members who have lost a loved one in unfortunate motor vehicle accidents.
- Distracted driver accidents- Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of serious car accidents in the United States. Drivers who let themselves be focused on something other than the road can often cause devastating injuries or deaths.
- Drunk driver accidents- When a driver is operating their car with BAC above .08%, they are far more likely to become involved in an accident than a sober driver. Alcohol can impair physical and mental abilities, and can cause serious injuries as a result.
- Hit and run accidents- When a driver flees the scene after an accident, it is considered a hit-and-run. There are severe penalties and consequences for these actions according to Florida state law. Even if the driver was not responsible for the accident, leaving the scene may result in penalties.
- SUV accidents- Large vehicles such as SUVs are beneficial for transporting a large amount of people, but due to their size and weight, they can often lead to traumatic car accidents for all who are involved. These types of vehicles are often known to rollover due to their high center of gravity.
- Taxi and bus accidents- People use taxis and buses for a convenient way to get around and never expect to be involved in an accident when using these services. When a taxi or bus driver is negligent in any way, it can cause harm to several passengers or drivers and leave many with serious injuries.
- Fatal car accidents- Losing a loved one due to the negligence of another driver is a traumatic experience. Seeking justice on behalf of your loved one can be carried out with the help of our experienced car accident attorneys in Tampa, FL.
- Multi-vehicle accidents- One of the most common forms of car accidents that occur are the result of multiple vehicles involved in a crash. Most multi-vehicle accidents involve two or more cars, which can lead to complications regarding who is liable in a crash.
It is our goal to help you seek justice and the money you need for medical care and other damages as well. If you were injured in a car crash due to the negligence of another individual, call our experienced car accident lawyers in Tampa to get the aggressive representation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you will need to file a personal injury claim in order to receive financial compensation for your injuries. Insurance companies will likely do whatever it takes to reduce the settlement amount, but there are a number of factors that you can keep in mind after you have filed an injury claim in order to make sure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
5 Tips to Get the Most out of Your Car Accident Claim:
- Watch what you say after an accident. Avoid making statements such as, “I’m sorry” or “I didn’t see you.” Never admit to fault, even if you think you’ve made a mistake. This may work against your compensation amount in the future.
- Report your accident to your insurance company. It’s a contractual obligation to report an accident, and it’s important to follow all of the rules in this process so that the other party can’t use that against you. Even if an accident clearly wasn’t your fault, it’s crucial to alert your insurance company because they have a duty to defend you and you may even be able to get immediate help with medical or repair expenses.
- Beware of the Statute of Limitations in your state. In every state, there is a time limit for the amount of time that you have to file a claim, starting from the date of the accident. If you don’t start your claim before this date, the insurance company has no obligation to help you settle your case.
- Keep track of everything related to the accident. You will begin to collect a mountain of paperwork, contracts, receipts, and other important documents. Make sure that you have everything documented from your side of the story, and be sure to collect a copy of the police report and medical records.
- Write a professional demand letter. When you are communicating what you want to your insurance company, tell them what you want in writing. It’s important to provide a professional demand letter with documentation to back up your claim for any damages that you are seeking compensation for.
Smith & Stallworth, Attorneys at Law understand that every situation is unique. If you are unsure about whether or not you have grounds for a personal injury claim, contact our car accident attorneys in Tampa for a free consultation to discuss your details. You will not pay any fees unless we recover compensation!
- We've Handled Hundreds of Personal Injury Cases
- We'll Meet You at the Scene of Your Accident
- Aggressive Trial & Negotiation Skills
- One of the Premier Law Firms in Tampa & Ft. Lauderdale
- We Treat Each & Every Case With Attention & Respect
- Over Three Decades of Combined Legal Experience
Being injured is a difficult experience, to say the least. We can help you through this ordeal by getting you the medical attention and physical rehabilitation you need, as well as the compensation you deserve for your physical and psychological injuries. We insist on investigating and analyzing the facts of our clients' cases with the utmost care and have access to a network of experts from the medical, engineering, vocational, and economics fields.
Injuries that we can help you recover compensation for:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Injury to the wrists, knees, or ankles
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Spinal cord injuries
- Closed head and traumatic brain injury
- Nerve damage
- Blunt-force trauma
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones in some cases
Our attorneys can confirm your legal position with expert testimony and analysis, and verify that all elements of your claim are presented properly. From catastrophic commercial vehicle collisions to fender bender whiplash, we can help you with any injury suffered in any auto accident in Tampa or the surrounding areas in Florida.
Can I File A Car Accident Claim After Insurance Pays?
Most settlement agreements require you to agree that the amount disclosed in the settlement will be the only compensation paid to you. This is why it is very important to speak to an attorney before agreeing to anything with your insurance company. If you have signed an agreement, you may still have options. Call our firm today to find out what we can do for you.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!
Smith & Stallworth, Attorneys at Law is proud to be Florida's Premier Black Law Firm. As former prosecutors, Attorney Courtney Smith and Attorney Mark Stallworth have the strategic skills and litigation experience to obtain reimbursement for your out-of-pocket expenses, compensation for your pain and suffering, and justice for you. They are ready to represent clients throughout Florida.