Advice From Auto Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
What should you do after a car accident in the Tampa area? There are steps you can take that will act to preserve your legal right to financial recovery from the driver or other party responsible for causing the accident. Your first step should be to take the proper care of your health and well-being, and then ensure that you are not being taken advantage of by insurance companies.
Involved in a car accident? Contact Smith & Stallworth, Attorneys at Law today! We are available 24/7!
Mark and Courtney are a class act.Client
- Stay at the scene - by law, you are required to stay at the scene of a car accident that you are involved in, regardless of whether you are responsible for causing the accident. You are required to exchange driver, insurance and contact information with the other parties involved. Move your car to the side of the road if it is possible to do so.
- Report the accident to law enforcement - call 911 to report the accident, particularly if anyone was injured.
- Render aid to anyone in need - don't move anyone that has been injured, unless the vehicle is on fire. If possible, help anyone you can by calling for an ambulance or offering assistance.
- Be cautious of what you say- Be careful not to admit fault for the accident. Even saying sorry may be enough for an insurance company to claim that you admitted fault and refuse to compensate you.
- Gather information at the scene - if you are able, take pictures of the scene, damage to your car, your injuries or anything else you think is important. Take notes as well, and get the contact information of any witnesses present.
- Call your insurance company - contact your auto insurance company to report the accident. This will start the claims process and value the property damage and injuries you have recovered.
- Track medical records- medical records and details of your treatments will provide the backbone of your personal injury case. Get immediate medical care following the accident to identify injuries and keep careful documentation of your injuries and how they have affected your life.
- Call a Tampa car accident lawyer - as soon as possible, call a lawyer who can offer you advice and guidance regarding your car accident insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. You may be able to recover financial damages for your injuries, and a lawyer can help you with this.
Your initial consultation with Smith & Stallworth, Attorneys at Law is free. We offer our legal services at no cost unless we recover a settlement or jury award on your behalf.
To get started in receiving the help you need, contact a Tampa car accident attorneyat our law offices today.
- We've Handled Hundreds of Personal Injury Cases
- We'll Meet You at the Scene of Your Accident
- Aggressive Trial & Negotiation Skills
- One of the Premier Law Firms in Tampa & Ft. Lauderdale
- We Treat Each & Every Case With Attention & Respect
- Over Three Decades of Combined Legal Experience